Bernburg is a large town, 55 meters above sea level. Located on the Saale River. It is the capital of the county
Anhalt Dessau. In 1912 Bernburg had 33724 inhabitants (including 1431 Catholic and 272 Jewish).
Bernburg had its own post office with telegraph. Bernburg had a theater, museum, hospital, small
railroad and badanst. Bernburg was the manufacturer of many things including plumbing fixures,
bathroom accessories, aluminum toys, flower, chemicals, roof shingles, kites, drehrollen, fertilizer,
penholders, felt, varnish, honey cakes, potash, combs, cheese, preserving salts, stones for
jewelry, pianos, soda, liquor, stockings, iron and lead works.